Come work for the Panoramic Team as a Process Engineer and enjoy a full benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K company matching program, and paid vacation and holidays. Work in a temperature control, clean work environment!
We are looking for a self-directed, enthusiastic employee to design and develop manufacturing equipment and processes. We seek an individual to drive and implement change as it relates to reducing cost and improving quality throughout the manufacturing process. If you have these skill sets, we want to talk to you!
PROCESS ENGINEER DUTIES:
- Interact with tooling engineering and manufacturing engineering groups to validate product manufacturability.
- Identify, develop, and lead product design projects to drive continual improvements in the areas of growth, expansion, and production capacity.
- Develop performance specification and testing methodology to define and validate product performance.
- Interact with sales and customer contacts to define product requirements, specifications and functional requirements based on market or customer specific needs.
- Define and manage development and commercialization timelines. Communicate project timelines with business unit product managers, sales, customers, and manufacturing.
- Work with tooling engineering and operations engineering teams to define manufacturing strategy and capital plans required for product implementation.
- Coordinate prototyping activities, manufacturing trials and lab testing on products and prototypes.
- Maintain and update project reporting documentation. Participate in regular organizational project update meetings.
- Coordinate new product startups in the manufacturing plants and work with process engineering, plant staff and customers to validate product performance and customer acceptance.
- Establish set-up and processing parameters based on material and machine capabilities.
- Develop molding procedures to ensure consistent processing of product on all shifts.
- Monitor and review daily production efficiencies with Production Manager on machine/process to ensure consistent processing.
- Serve as the technical liaison between product engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, and sales.
PROCESS ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Five to ten years’ experience in process engineering methods.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects with limited direction.
- Project management and/or project leadership knowledge.
- Experience in the manufacturing and design for thermoforming and sheet extrusion.
- Understanding of tooling and machining practices for thermoforming.
- Ability to understand big picture and customer related business issues.
- Ability to visualize and effectively communicate research results.