Come work for Panoramic as an Extrusion Operator and enjoy a full benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K company matching program, and paid vacation and holidays. Work in a temperature control, clean work environment!
Extrusion Technician Requirements:
- 3-5 years of sheet extrusion experience preferably running clear or opaque PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) for thermoforming applications.
- Knowledge of making adjustments to the extrusion process including:
- Manipulating die bolts to make sheet gauge adjustments.
- Making extrusion process adjustments to control sheet gauge, width and finish.
- Operation and adjustment of the sheet coating process.
- Operation and adjustment of the pull rolls and sheet winder.
- In process screen changes.
Extrusion Technician Job Duties:
- Sets extruder operating parameters.
- Inspect the quality and correct any defects in the finished product.
- Notifies appropriate personnel when extruded product fails to meet standards.
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, temperatures and amounts, dimensions and flow of materials or ingredients. Operates controls to adjust machine functions, such as regulating air pressure or die gaps.
- Reviews work orders, specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings and adjustments for extruding plastic sheet.
- Examine, measure and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as micrometers or scales.
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings and quantities, types and dimensions of materials produced.
- Move materials, supplies, components and finished product.
- Troubleshoot equipment and production issues.